HOW CAN EXECUTIVE OR LEADERSHIP COACHING IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE?
“More and more people are employing a professional to help them get their lives under control and finally, achieve everything they want” – Daily Mail (UK)
“Coaches act as a mirror; helping people to work out what they want, what they are good at, what they are bad at, where and how they can improve” – Financial Times (UK)
“Coaching deals with all areas of life, professional and personal – it’s not just for people with problems – but for those who want to do what they do even better.” – Independent on Sunday (UK)
Coaching, as a professional discipline (outside of a sports-setting), originated in the USA some 25 years ago but has more recently gained public recognition here in Africa and other parts of the world. It is enjoying phenomenal growth as more and more people discover the advantages for themselves. Coaching is sweeping across Kenya and invading so many aspects of corporate and personal life that you wonder how we ever managed before. More and more people are experiencing an eagerness to become professional coaches or develop exceptional coaching skills to be applied in the workplace.
Our Coaching and Mentoring Solutions are interactive relationships that help people identify and accomplish their personal and professional goals faster than they might otherwise have done on their own. These sessions can be conducted on a one-to-one basis or in a group setting. Our Coaching sessions also include an initial detailed analysis and assessment of critical competencies required for senior leadership and effectiveness
Coaching provides the guidance people need to achieve results.
All successful people eventually hit walls in their careers and personal lives. The skills and traits that once brought them success no longer serve them well under new circumstances. Regardless of whether they are being promoted or have suffered a major professional setback. they need to adapt quickly and pivot into an entirely new role for which they may be woefully unprepared. That new role might involve staying with the same employer, or it might require a major transition to an entirely different line of work.
Across all business sectors and areas of professional practice, workers confront significant transitions. When transitioning into leadership roles, they cannot rely on their old ways of conducting themselves. They must transform their mindset and behaviour patterns in order to succeed in their new roles. Just having technical skills and know-how is no longer sufficient. They must also learn to collaborate with C-suite executives, develop novel business opportunities, and inspire their colleagues and direct reports with a well-articulated vision of success.
The skills that these leaders must enhance include (but are not limited to) strategic thinking, time management, priority setting, and interpersonal communication. They need to deepen the social and emotional intelligence that are so essential in executive leadership roles. They need to pay closer attention to nonverbal communication as manifested in their body language, their tone of voice, and facial expressions. They need to improve their stress management skills so that they don’t come across to others as frustrated, irritable, or dismissive.
Whether you seek confidential help getting started, specific guidance for one person, follow-on coaching for a group, or executive coaching as part of a larger learning and development initiative, our coaching process provides comprehensive guidance for people working on their emotional intelligence and leadership skills.
No matter what the industry, leadership development challenges are common across all business and practice settings. There are universal principles of leadership that can be flexibly adapted to different situations. In our work at the Uncommon Group, we’ve helped high-level clients confronting complex leadership challenges in a wide diversity of businesses and professions, including the following: healthcare, software, law, financial services, social services, local authorities, family businesses, agricultural institutions and nonprofits.
Empowering Clients to Become Better Leaders
Our Executive Coaching sessions empower clients to manage stress, develop leadership and interpersonal skills, and reach peak performance in all aspects of their careers.
A typical coaching engagement is comprised of a thorough assessment, strong action plan, and sustainability plans to ensure ongoing success and development. By collaborating with you, your colleagues, and other key stakeholders, we are able to gain a comprehensive view of where you are in your career and where you would like to go. The core of a coaching engagement is a powerful set of conversations that occur during regularly scheduled sessions. In addition, many coaching engagements also include the following services:
- Focused interviews
- Behavioural style assessments
- 360-degree evaluation with key stakeholders
- Coaching sessions
- Practical exercises between sessions
- On-site observations
- Continual feedback from colleagues and other stakeholders
What are the benefits of having a coach?
People who seek out coaches frequently know what they want but not always sure about the most effective or efficient path to success. Coaches help them identify and then put in place steps needed to realise their dreams. This can be a highly exhilarating experience both for the client and the coach as obstacles disappear and goals are achieved. Put simply, having a coach will help you to create and work towards the grandest version of the greatest vision you have; to achieve success – success being the continuous realisation of a worthy goal or ideal.
What challenges can we help you resolve as your Coach? (We have specific measurable methodologies to address many issues including the following)
- We’ll help you engage and mobilise your leadership team and staff
- We’ll help you review, develop and align a leadership style which is supportive of your personal and organisational goals
- Corporate Strategy and Business Development
- We’ll show you how to develop collaborative partnerships both within and outside your organisation
- We’ll show you how to influence more effectively in one on one conversations and in groups
- Is your team not operating efficiently or effectively? We’ll help you develop your leaders and team
- We’ll support you in developing and implementing your personal and organisational strategic vision
- As a leader in your organisation, Personal Branding is of great importance – we’ll walk you through developing a Personal Branding strategy.
- Need more time in your day? We’ll show you some systems that the most efficient leaders use to maximise their day
- New in your leadership position? We’ll show you how to achieve maximum impact within your first 100 days.
- Board of Directors Training & Development
- Want to develop the attitude and thinking strategies of leaders? We can show you how.
- Responsible for a major change initiative within your organisation? We’ll walk you through the individual but necessary steps and show you how to keep your stakeholders fully engaged.
- Are there issues with Succession Planning within your organisation? We’ll help you identify, develop and train potential leaders from within the organisation
- We have decades of experience working with business leaders across a wide array of industry sectors – we’ll help you develop a sustainable business model with an appropriate exit strategy (where appropriate)
While we have more than 25 tried and tested frameworks developed to provide support to leaders of businesses and organisations of all sizes operating across many industry sectors, we are nevertheless also happy to develop bespoke coaching programmes dependent on specific client needs.
Each engagement typically lasts 3-12 months but this will be dependent on the key issues we are working on with the client, the level of complexity, the numbers of people within teams we’re working with and if there are ‘unscripted’ challenges that arise that our clients want us to spend additional time on.